Free School Meals
Current free school meal Criteria
LGFL has an online service so parents/carers can check their eligibility for free school meals. This self-service option is available at:
All you need to do is enter your name, date of birth, national insurance number, address and child’s details. If you are eligible please can you can print the certificate and send a copy to the school office.
Even if your child does not wish to have a school meal but is still entitled, PLEASE register as the school receives funding for each child entitled to free meals.
Your child may be eligible if you have claimed one of the following benefits within the last six years.
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided they are NOT also receiving Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Universal Credit
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
Any sibling applying for free school meals for the first time must apply individually and they must fit the criteria at the time the application for free school meals is made.
If you are unsure, please speak to the school office where information provided will be kept in the strictest of confidence.
For further information on the benefits from free school meals, please visit: